Wet/Dry filter or Not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really want to swwitch to a wet/Dry filter. Can anyone give me some good brands to look at. I havea 65 gallon tank but i was wondering if you can geta filter that is made for a larger tank b/c eventually i am going to switch to a bigger tank. Will this help my water quality? Will it make my water clearer also. does anyone have pics of there filters. Thanks

What kind of tank do you have? If it's a reef or a FOWLR, I wouldn't use a wet/dry. You will likely have nitrate problems. If it's a FO and you intend for it to stay that way, then a wet/dry is the most efficient filter you can use. Here's a link that will show some pics of wet/dry filters and sumps: http://www.captiveraisedcorals.com/filtration.htm

It is a 65 gallon tank. Right now i have 60 pounds of live rock and three corals. A pulsing zenia, frogspawn, purple muchrooms. I also have a few fish in there. What would be the best filter to have?

You already have most of it...the LR. You need at least another 30 lbs...maybe 45lbs of LR to handle the bio filtration. You might want to read up on DSB's as well...they help to control nitrates. I would put my money into a good skimmer before I did anything else though. The skimmer and the LR is all the filter you'll need though...and of course good maintenance. For your tank I would go with an Aqua C Remora Pro, a Berlin HOB with a Mag 7 pump, or a Prizm Pro.

Back
Top Bottom