What about this stocking list (need some quickish responses)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No on the horseshoe IMO. Also, I'd replace the star with nassarius snails. Can't answer the others, but wondering if 2 urchins in a 55g is too much. Already have one, right?

I'm no expert, but you asked for quick responses, so here goes:

I'm pretty sure cowries are predatory carnivores and will kill your abalone

I'd stick to astrea, cerith, nassarius snails as they're proven safe

but wondering if 2 urchins in a 55g

LOL, I have two already. Pincushion and pencil.

1 Horseshoe Crab (or will it get too big for a 55G)?

Dang, that's what I thought.

austinsdad I know you aren't a big fan of the starts.

I'm pretty sure cowries are predatory carnivores and will kill your abalone
While small, it will eat some algae and scavenge for scraps, but as an adult, it will eat some anemones, sponges, and soft corals, and is best housed with starfish, sea urchins.

I did update my profile. I already have about 30 different snails. I was just looking for different critters.

And not to mention the longspine can get about 10 inches around with those spikes. In other words, if you get one make sure you cable tie your rocks together. :)

I also agree on the horeshoe crab star. The crab is not an overal good choice, and the stars are much better served by nassarius snails.

I have two purple urchins and they sure do much most of my coraline.

Skip the horse shoe crab. This is one of least-suited animals for a home aquarium. Might want to re-think the sand sifting star as well. They will deplete the sand bed of fauna in no time and require a very mature tank.

OK, thanks all.
No go on the horseshoe, thanks for the advice!

I don't like urchins. They eat coralline and might hurt corals with their spikes
Yes, they do eat the coraline, but it seems to grow back quick. Pencil urchins don't have sharp spines. I don't have any corals, so that is not an issue.
No go on the longspined urchin! Thanks for the advice on that one too.

So you all think the Abalones and cowries would be good? I am just looking for more variety. I also was interested in a Keyhole Limpet Snail and a Chestnut Cowrie maybe a fighting one too....What do yu think about these?

Back
Top Bottom