What are the best filter systems and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jsl118 said:
You can see the live rock gravel on the left bottom. The sump to the right has my skimmer, heater and pump.

Ohh ok I thought you took the bio balls out. Never mind. I think I want to take my bioballs out and replace with live rock and convert the bioballs section into a refugium.

Spoonman, is the image upside down!? You should see how tricky it is for the fish to do the back stroke! ;)

I had a heck of a time uploading this pic! I think from now on I am just going to upload these images to my website and put the link in my messages.

Refugium

Ohh ok I thought you took the bio balls out. Never mind. I think I want to take my bioballs out and replace with live rock and convert the bioballs section into a refugium.

Keep me posted on how your refugium works in your wet/dry. It is a pretty big sump and the water comes down from the top pretty good.

Even though I have a 40g quarantine tank, I was thinking of hanging a smaller refugium on the back.

One more thing to Georgia: I have a Eheim Pro filter with live rock gravel and other mechanical filtration for the quarantine tank. Had this filter for years and LOVE it.

Back
Top Bottom