What else can i add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 90 gallon tank with 55 plus pounds of live rock, 90 pounds of crushed coral/ arogonite sand" live"

1x 2 foot snowflake eel
1x small volitan lionfish
1x chocolate chip star fish
10x turbo snails
5x snails that live in the sand and come up for feeding time.

Also I have for filtration
20 gallon wet/dry
Coral life uv sterilizer 9wAtt turbo twist
Pro clear protein skimmer
Marienland 350 magnum canister filter.

I feel that I have a super great filtration set up with plenty of gph filtered.

I would like to add one more fish.
I really would like a small dog face" same size as my lion" in my tank as well but open to all suggestions.

Attachments

• image-313460089.jpg
    image-313460089.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1038125971.jpg
    image-1038125971.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1253448335.jpg
    image-1253448335.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2375235420.jpg
    image-2375235420.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 96
Dog face puffers are cool I was gonna get one the same day I got my lion and star but I got some more LR instead but that's for sure gonna be the next fish I get for a 120 gallon

Elmo1287 said:
Dog face puffers are cool I was gonna get one the same day I got my lion and star but I got some more LR instead but that's for sure gonna be the next fish I get for a 120 gallon

I also was gonna buy a snowflake eel but the kid at the store couldn't get him to come out and was gonna try and sell me the rock and the eel for 50 but the rock wasn't alive and the eel was only 20$

Well I read that dog face needs over 100 gallons plus the fish you have already some of them need over 90 but I seen in the lfs they are in 1x1 tanks for sale for long periods of time

Elmo1287 said:
I also was gonna buy a snowflake eel but the kid at the store couldn't get him to come out and was gonna try and sell me the rock and the eel for 50 but the rock wasn't alive and the eel was only 20$

Lmao I had the same problem it took me 1 hour to finally get the two foot eel out of the aquarium. He was soooooooooooo stressed out. It's been two weeks and still refuses to eat.. I'm sure he will be fine though cause he is realllllllly healthy looking

Yeah the kid didnt know anything about saltwater and had to keep calling his manager on the phone I just talked to some other guy that didnt even work their and we gave the kid a hard time an he told me good things and bad things about my setup so I fixed it

Ahhhhh... Hummmmm well my tank is pretty boring to stare at unless the volitan is chasing ghost shrimp around.... I should probally keep it the way it is with just the two fish in it.

Shaker said:
Lmao I had the same problem it took me 1 hour to finally get the two foot eel out of the aquarium. He was soooooooooooo stressed out. It's been two weeks and still refuses to eat.. I'm sure he will be fine though cause he is realllllllly healthy looking

You can put a shrimp or something it will eat in front of its face on a stick or something long enough and it might eat it then but watch out for your lion it could swim over and poke you trying to get his food

Well I tried feeding the eel multiple times since ive had him. I've used " squid, shrimp, silver slides and even soaked them in garlic extract".

I use a long feeder stick.

He never ate them. I'm personal friends with the owner of my lfs and watched the eel eat silver slides multiple times there on a feeding stick.

So I figured since he was so stressed I'd try live ghost shrimp welllllllll he didn't eat them so I bought a volitan lion to finish eating them. Poor lion is overfeed and lives chasing them around.

Back
Top Bottom