What fish can i put with a trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tfain

Aquarium Advice Activist
I already posted something about this to see if he's good with my shark. I'm probably gonna get rid of it. So what fish a good with triggers. I was looking at groupers, angels, bicolor parrot, tangs, and a few others. Can anyone help. I was planing on getting 2 triggers. 1 Niger trigger and not sure on the other yet.

Can anyone tell me if these are good tank mates?

Honestly Everyone is going to tell you something different you can only learn for yourself through experience in this hobby. Im doing a custom 6 foot 110gal with 55gal sump/refugium with a volitan lion, panther grouper, niger/pintail trigger, Picasso trigger, harlequin tusk and a zebra eel. Most say it's to much but ill replace the grouper when he's big and watch them
Its all experience and research

I'm actually looking at alot of the same fish. I want a Niger trigger, panther grouper, black vilotin lion, another trigger a box fish and a bicolor parrot

U have a bit more leway than me then. "Id" say that sounds like a nice stock set but that's just me. I have a good friend who's...actually 2.
.who are the kind of guys who always use scientific names and study marine biology and said my sets fine but I also have the 55 as a sump. But again your setup sounds like it might fly.

Thanks for the info. My sump looks like it's a 30 gallon maybe bigger but I also have a hang over filter. It's a emperor 400 bio wheel

Keep your params good and do water changes religiously :). Your golden.

I'd rethink the box fish they may be to docile in that tank and may be picked on and also they are toxic and if threatened they release a toxin that will kill ur fish in the tank.

And everything else looks like it would be a good match for ur tank. When it comes to the eel u have a few choices but make sure u have a tight fitting lid or it will jump out.

Just minutes the triggers with the lion to make sure they are not nipping his fins cause the will do so if the lions smaller than them.

Is this the sAme tank that has the shark in it?

Ok thanks. What about a cow fish? And yes the they will be going in that tank but I'm gonna get rid of the shark cause iv been told that they'll nip at his fins. And I will post pics. The big tanks not done yet. I'm gonna have to get the salt and live rock and cycle it but it should be up and running soon. But im hopefully getting the Niger trigger soon :D

The trigger nipping depends on the trigger the lion and the tank. How you introduce, feed, acclimate and the species. I've seen triggers and lions get along great and I've seen some lions meet their end all to soon.

And I do agree with the boxfish I overlooked that. That was one of the only reasons I didn't think about adding a spotted puffer.

Just on a personal note: has anyone else noticed how juvenile groupers (panthers at least) act like little puppies trying to play the way they swim and look at you? Haha....I love mine.

I was talking about the nipping at the shark

Really? Iv heard the triggers and angels nip at them

Back
Top Bottom