what now (tank update)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
After reading lots and lots of posts here I have managed to have a very sucessful start for my aquarium. Here is what is in it now:

80 lbs keys rock (www.liverocks.com you will NOT be disapointed!!!!)
16 lbs random live rock from lfs
total live rock: 1.75 lbs per gallon

10 lbs base lava rock
20 ish blue leg reef hermits
2 scarlet reef hermits
1 zebra reef hermit
2 emerald crabs
2 red mythrax crabs
1 filter feeding crab
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 sand sifting star fish
5+ brittle stars
14 margarita snails
10 bumble bee snails
1 nassarius snail
2 large turbo snails
1 small pistol shrimp (not sure if he lived, he was a hitch hiker and only saw him once)
1 huge feather duster (4" in diameter)

as for mechanical stuff:
tetra tec fp300 filter 300 gph (has a 200 watt heater in the filter)
2x penguin 1150 300 gph each
power sweep 210 160 gph
seaclone 100 80 gph

total movement: 1140 gph = 20.72x
amonia, nitrates, nitrites have all been 0 for over a month

The question is where to go from here? I know I need to upgrade my lights, and there are lots of creatues I also want to get, and probably some more live rock. Any opinions on what to get first?

What type of tank do you plan on having? FOWLR or Reef? Sounds like your next step is to put together a fish wish list. Jot down all of the fish that interest you, Then pick a couple of your favorite or "must have" fish. Build the rest of the stock list around them. Once you have a list worked out you can decide what order you are going to introduce them. Keep in mind, if you eventually want to go reef, stick with reef friendly fish on your list. It is good to have a plan and to stick with it so you don't fall to "impulse buys". Good luck...Lando

Back
Top Bottom