What should I add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rushopkins

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 Gallon with a "Aqueon QuietFlow Power Filter: : 55/75 - Up to 90 Gallons" currently and need some help with what to add next. Protein Skimmer or UV Sterilizer? All water parameters are good except Phosphate reading 0.25 not 0.0 ppm. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
If it was me I would get the skimmer. They help get rid of dissolved organic compounds out of the water that cause algea.

I always recommend the octopus brand skimmers.
I hate to keep asking questions but I don't have a sump or reef filtration setup. All I have is a HOB Bio filter. Don't I need a HOB skimmer or something? I'm just not familiar with this. All I've ever working with is freshwater and just now really getting into saltwater.

That should work. When looking at skimmers for the first time it's gets all confusing and annoying so if you were to ask around you would get different opinions as to what skimmers is better. I have used a lot of highend skimmers like king bubbler and custom hand made skimmers from life reef and i also used a octopus too. The best skimmer I have ever had was the life reef skimmer the owner is awesome I cracked the skimmer and it was leaking all over the place I sent it to life reef and he fixed it and replaced all the old parts for free. When I cracked the king bubbler the did a horrible job and costumer service sucked. I would recommend a Lifereef skimmer it's a life time warrantee and by far the easiest skimmers out there

Back
Top Bottom