What should I do? Help with stingray!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I switched my substrate from course aragonite to oolite sand so I could get a stingray. I have a 150g aquarium which is 2/3 to 3/4 open sand so the ray can move. I was going to get a cortez (urobatis maculatus) but I CANNOT FIND ONE FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know where I can get one??????????? Or should I buy the blue dot at my LFS?????????????????????? Help me Innovator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noticed your Sig, if your grouper has any size on it your ray could be lunch and triggers tend to injure eyes and tails of rays. Anemone's can sting-rays if they hover onto them. Now that that's out of the way, go with the Urobatis and your lfs should be able to order them if they are worth their "salt ." Otherwise, Google "urobatis maculatus sale" and should get you some hits. If you must have the blue dot ray (lymma?) make sure it eats in front of you, such as pieces of shrimp, fish, mysis, earthworms, etc. Don't buy unless it eats as they can be a pain to force feed if your not used to it.

Last edited:
I agree. I wouldn't get a ray if you have triggers . I think I told you before about my co workers fw ray and how he got nipped by a one inch fish and got infected. Well the ray didn't make it a week after that. Something to seriously consider before you get one .jmo

Thank you for your input. I will get the Cortez. I have two stores with them on order. I'll make sure nobody picks on him. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom