Whats Good For A 10 Gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have the water circulation from the filter output and the powerheads. If you used an airstone you'd have salt creep all over the place. lol

Ohhhh so does a powerhead look like a little fan because something like that came with my new tank I got the other day.

I guess yeah, some powerheads look like little fans, it should be roundish with fans inside of an enclosed cage. If thats the one I'm thinking you have. :)

Hahaha:) all I need is sand and decorations I think....I have salt, a hydrometer, powerhead, filter, tank, oh And the last thing I need is fish:)

LOL. Most of the time there isnt' any "decoration" like in freshwater. Most people just use the live rock and corals for their decoration. :)

LOL, I dont' know how "strongly" I'd suggest against it, but from what I understand it's un necessary and theres the salt creep issue. You will get a layer of dried salt everywhere near and around the air stone, it will most likely splash up on your light fixture causing build up there as well.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard it wasnt good to have air bubbles as they can get into the fishes gills, but I dont know how true that may be.

Anyone use an airstone for their sw tank?

carey said:
LOL. Most of the time there isnt' any "decoration" like in freshwater. Most people just use the live rock and corals for their decoration. :)

Haha but imma start with fake decorations and then slowly get live rock and stuff I guess

(fake decor) You'll be sorry you put them in there. Better to do LR even if it is just dry base rock. Also use the correct sand PH buffering arg. 10G is not the best starter tank, but I'm sure others warn you of that already. best of luck & remember patience is the key to SW tanks.

nxb161 said:
(fake decor) You'll be sorry you put them in there. Better to do LR even if it is just dry base rock. Also use the correct sand PH buffering arg. 10G is not the best starter tank, but I'm sure others warn you of that already. best of luck & remember patience is the key to SW tanks.

Ok I was thinking about it and by the time I have enough money for a SW tank I will be able to buy live rock so I'll probably end up having live rock in there

Ok I was thinking about it and by the time I have enough money for a SW tank I will be able to buy live rock so I'll probably end up having live rock in there

It will just save you a lot of cleaning! Keep us updated, and pictures.

I'm definitely gonna just get live rock since it looks better and its gonna take me awhile before I can set up the tank so I'll just get live rock and I will be posting pics and stuff:)

You would attach it to the side most likely adn aim it at the front glass so it bounces around the tank. :)

Flow is a key factor in keeping things moving since the LR is the filter that most people use in SW.

Ok so if I had live rock and the power head I don't need a filter? Oh and would a sponge filter be ok for a SW tank?

Back
Top Bottom