What's on this live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X, Do you mean not enough LR before I added? (see 1st pic)
I must have about 125 lbs if not 150 lbs
IMO

As for why I don't use a skimmer anymore I guess I like the challenge of trying to do it the way mother nature would I realize she uses tides waves but I want to try to emulate that somehow without resorting to mechanical filter such as a skimmer, I don't know call me a freak but that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

The tide waves=skimmer....skimmer makes foam just like the tide waves. That IS the mother nature way ;)
Are those pipefish eating prepared foods?

Mysis frozen cubes, I think I will take your advice and cut back a little bit, every other day.
So it will look some thing like this

1/2 small live clams a week (this is how ii managed to get the idols
Appetite going initially, but loves pellets now so I guess I could eliminate)

40 odd marine pellets a week (small)

2 strips Nori clip (3" x 4")

1/2 froZen Mysis shrimp cubes

Does that sound about right for my stock X?
Certainly appreciate all your feedback fellas

1/2 what? half cup? you'll have to give me exact amounts. Like what do you mean by 1/2 frozen shrimp cubes? 1/2 a cube a day? And turn on that froth making skimmer!

Haha ok, will have to make room for Skimmer in Fuge!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389150979.526911.jpg
Btw 1 to 2 small clams per week fed on sand bed??
And the Mysis cubes twice a week max??
Have a smaller Cora life skimmer rated for a 125 gallon
Or larger One for 300 gallon

300 gallon skimmer. It cannot hurt. Coralife's ratings are a bit exaggerated anyway.
...and as for the rock question, even though you have a lot of weight, it doesn't mean you have enough rock. If it's really dense then you don't have a lot of low oxygen zones in the rock you have.
It just appears to be low on rock in the latter pics.

Agreed...will post pic when I figure out how it's going to play out in a tight sump! I can see how people want to upgrade to larger and larger tanks. Hmmm now can I talk the wife In to a 240 gallon or 300 lol

Back
Top Bottom