Where did it go???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is hit or miss what comes into your tank in your rock or sand. If you don't want something, just use dry or macro rock. It will minimize things coming in at the start.

Ok, just realized this a saltwater thread, does the same apply to freshwater? What is macro rock? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No fresh is different. You might get some pond snail stow aways in your sand for example, but not like live rock/marine stow aways.

No fresh is different. You might get some pond snail stow aways in your sand for example, but not like live rock/marine stow aways.
Theres quite a few critters that gtow in fresh water too, but youre right its nothing like salt. Imho, fresh water critters are creepier...

Theres quite a few critters that gtow in fresh water too, but youre right its nothing like salt. Imho, fresh water critters are creepier...

Some of the FW stow aways include hydra, copepods, seed shrimp, amphipods/scuds, limpets, snails, mites, planaria/flukes, a plethora of worms, and occasional insect larvae. I have had all of these except the last one in my tank at one time or another.
Good idea to wash your hands after playing with the fishies.

Yes I'd say so myself. Glad I do a good scrubbing after. I find this very creepy, but assume it's part of the BB that's needed, I don't know.
Thanks again for the aquarium education. I Keep on learning.

I've had pond snails that's bout it I ended up getting them from a few Amazon swords I bought and they just kept breeding I eventually had so many I started two separate 2gallon tanks just to breed them for my freshwater puffer fish

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom