Where would I get a pufferfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that really depends on what kind of puffer you get. there are freshwater, brackish and saltwater puffers. some start in freshwater and mover to brackish. some start in brackish and move to saltwater. what kind of puffer were you looking for?

visit liveaquaria.com they have decent prices and good info. please do your research before buying one!

Puffing doesn't allways mean they are stressed . Most of the time yes but I have seen my puffer puffed just to get sand off of him. But it's not good to scare them to do it.

Getting a puffer to puff just for visual pleasure is never a good thing. Some do it because they are frightened, scared, warning/scaring others off its territory.

If you go to your LFS, they will cost $20-$75 in Washington State. The rarer and bigger ones will cost more.

The smaller species of puffers don't really look like the typical round puffer (i.e. Valentini or Papuan Toby puffer). If you want something round, then you could always get a Green Spotted Puffer because they will eventually become marine puffers and very cheap (~$10). They stay somewhat small (up to ~6.5inch long) and fun to watch (all puffs are fun to watch).

Please make sure your tank is at least 40 gallons for whatever puff you choose.

Back
Top Bottom