Will live rock come to life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have about 1 watt per gallon in my tank. If I add a metal halide to the live rock and make it about 4 to 5 watts per gallon, what will this do for my live rock? Will it come to life and grow stuff like crazy? Will things bloom that have been on the rock, but since there wasn't enough light- will they now come alive?

I have a FOWLR.

TY

Well there are many stages of live rock. Your basic stage is simply living with bactera. This is basicly what you have with only 1 watt per gal.

ANother stage is to have small crustations and worms living within the rock. You could also be at this point with the light levels you have.

Yet another stage is to have various types of macro algae growing on the rock. Will your rock do this once you get more light? Well it all depends if the macro algae spores or feeders are on the rock in a dorment stage.

The final stage of live rock would be rock with all the above and small corals that just popup. Will your rock have this? Well there are no guarintees since it kidn of depends on them being there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom