working on a fish list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
my tank is going through a small cycle i guess. Did a couple of test since it has been running and no SPIKES!! Shrimp is nothing but a small fuzz ball. i am thinking about waiting about a week and getting a small clown, should i do a pwc before that ?

I had a small brown algae outbreak on some "dead" zones for 2 days, but i messed around with the powerheads(kill dead zones) and it was gone over night!!

here's what i got in mind for my 29gal:

Clown
Watchman Goby with a pistol
6 line wrassle
Kaudern's Cardinal
Yellowtail Damselfish

Is that TOO much ?? of course that will be over a few months to complete, maybe a fish every 3 weeks!

Thanks
Leo

Just make sure your cycle is done. but yes after your cycle is done and before you add any fish I would do about a 40-50 % PWC. This will help dilute your nitrates that are probably high after your cycle.

what type of clown? and make sure to add the damsel LAST! I just set up my first SW, a 29gall FOWLR and I made the mistake of getting the damsel first (even though everyone here warned me I was stupid and diddnt listen, I learned REAL quick to trust them over the LFS) anyways, ya, it also depends on the clown, go with something like a false perc. or orcellourous (soo sp) clown, as the bigger ones may be aggressive, I got lucky with my tomato clown though, she is a very sweet clown! she shares her territory with other fish LOL

Back
Top Bottom