Wrasse Jumped Ship Need Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMonster

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 4" Rainbow Wrasse that decided he prefers to be in my overflow. I have. 180g reef ready FO tank. Fed him to make sure he was ok. Any ideas on how to get him back in the main tank? Any chance he will find his own way back? Thanks in advance.

SeanMonster said:
I have a 4" Rainbow Wrasse that decided he prefers to be in my overflow. I have. 180g reef ready FO tank. Fed him to make sure he was ok. Any ideas on how to get him back in the main tank? Any chance he will find his own way back? Thanks in advance.

What kind of overflow? Can you take it apart?

Corner overflow. Through the bottom of the tank. That may be a "last resort" move. The local lfs suggested removing the gooseneck on the rain and trying to catch him in the filter.

SeanMonster said:
Corner overflow. Through the bottom of the tank. That may be a "last resort" move. The local lfs suggested removing the gooseneck on the rain and trying to catch him in the filter.

That's an idea... Or try to syphon him up with a turkey baster. I had to do that to a clown... It worked...

Kio707 said:
That's an idea... Or try to syphon him up with a turkey baster. I had to do that to a clown... It worked...

Did he stick to the tip of the baster? Trying to picture how you did it.

SeanMonster said:
Did he stick to the tip of the baster? Trying to picture how you did it.

Yes. Just squeezed the air out and sucked it up.

Crisis averted. Talked with one of my lfs's. Didn't realize how easy it was to drain the overflow, so I ended up using using your suggestion after all :). Thanks Kio!

SeanMonster said:
Crisis averted. Talked with one of my lfs's. Didn't realize how easy it was to drain the overflow, so I ended up using using your suggestion after all :). Thanks Kio!

No prob. Just glad your lil guy is ok.

Nice.. I miss my 90g.. Lol.. My 1st reef.. Ur really going to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom