Yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fabs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a yellow tang that was doing well in my 300 gallon tank. I switched off my protein skimmer this morning as I normally do after a partial water change as there can be alot of small bubbles. Came home after work today and the yellow tang is struggling, bit like he didn't have enough oxygen ! All the other fish are ok , checked the water parameters and all ok . He has disappeared into the rocks now which is unusual for him and not feeding. Any suggestion?

Quite possibly the skimmer was an important oxygen source, as the aeration caused by it is significant. Turn the skimmer on again and hope for the best, and possibly in the future add another pump for backup aeration.

Yea stuck it back on but he just seems to have got worse. As you said don't think there is much I can do but hope for the best. Thanks

Do you have any surface aggitation? This is what aerates the tank. I personally dont think that little bit of time with no skimmer is the problem. There has to be another reason IMO.

Little bugger kicked the bucket. Must have been something else wrong , all the the other fish are fine. Thanks all for your help

Back
Top Bottom