Yellow tang becomes aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance75

Aquarium Advice Regular
My yellow tang all the sudden becomes aggressive chasing my blue tang around like crazy. They both put in my 215 gal tank at the same time about 6 months ago. What is with this abnormal behavior ??

If your blue gets too beat up I would pull the yellow for a week and rearrange the your tank. One of them will be dominant, the trick is not loosing one.

Actually, it is normal behavior. Tangs many times will fight and spar with each other, especially if they aren't eating well. One additional reason we recommend big aquariums to house them. Try getting them to chow down some more. Fat tangs don't fight as much.

I know yellow tangs are quinticential fish for saltwater tanks but every one I have ever had has leaned towards a nasty personality. They can be a handful.....out of nowhere too.

I think Grey is right in saying to keep him well fed with frequent feedings. That will probably calm some aggressive behavior.

They r fed very well with mysis shrimps and flakes twice a day. I also have a blonde naso tang in this tank and the yellow one doesn't chase him.

Back
Top Bottom