Yellow Tang with red spots on its face??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnb62679

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there just notice that my yellow tang has some red spots on its face kinda like little holes, is there a reason why this is happening? It eats and looks fine but its face is looking bad. Please help, thank you.

Do you have a decent picture? Also what are the water parameters adn the basic setup? Tank size, ammonia readings etc....

Sounds like HLLE or something like it. My yellow tang has it/had it but is looking alot better. Make sure your params are good and you are feeding seaweed every/every other day. Should clear up :)

I dont have a picture, my parameters are good, I have a 65gallon tank yellow tang, 4 chomis, 1 cleaner shrimp with some live rocks.
I do not feed it seaweed but I will go and buy some, the spots stopped spreading but I am not sure if its going to stay scarred like that.

Most likely the start of HLLE ,,get some vita-chem and soak the seaweed in it...should clear up in a few weeks ...

Yup! Poor nutrition and bad water quality are SAID to do it. Ive seen blue tangs in GIANT tanks (3000g with 2 1600g sumps) with HLLE and theyve got it great. Most yellow tangs get it.

Back
Top Bottom