Yellowtail Damsel and Percula Clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

I currently have a small male percula clownfish in my 14G biocube and I just recently added a cleanup crew as well. I really want to add a yellowtail damsel, but have heard very mixed opinions on it. I have heard that it's totally fine, that it is ok if you add the damsel last, that the yellowtails are some of the least aggressive damsels, but i have also heard people say that the damsel terrorized the clown regardless of other variables. I don't want to ruin my tank, so I was hoping for some advice, feedback, or maybe some input from someone that has dealt with damsels and or clowns before.

THANKS!:thanks:

I have 4 clowns and two yellow tail damsels. At one point the bigger yellowtail harassed the smaller

Sorry, hit wrong key. Anyway the damsels had a bit of a fuss but not with clowns. Now everyone gets along.

thanks! I will definitely add the damsel last and if he gets aggressive then i'll take him back to the LFS. I have biocube 14...water is pretty clear, but appears to be a decent amount of particles floating around...any idea of how to get my water to be crystal clear?

Back
Top Bottom