10 gal shellie tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kuhlizach93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am interested in starting a 10 gal Shellie tank. So far what I have in the tank is white aragonite sand, a small power head, a small but powerful air stone, a heater and a HOB 10-20 gal aqueon filter. Plus a few lava rock with java fern attached to it for aquascaping. My tank is still cycling but I just was wondering if anyone has any pointers on the shellie's or if I should have anything else tool wise in the tank. Also any information on their care and how many I can put in the tank. Thanks for the help and any information is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Well, you'll want shells! LOL Other than that, I don't really know, but am interested in doing a shellie tank myself so I'm following along.

Hello and welcome! Escargot shells work well for shell dwellers (and they are cheaper than the shells they use in the wild). You can get them on Amazon. As far as how many you can keep, it depends on the species you want.

I am interested in starting a 10 gal Shellie tank. So far what I have in the tank is white aragonite sand, a small power head, a small but powerful air stone, a heater and a HOB 10-20 gal aqueon filter. Plus a few lava rock with java fern attached to it for aquascaping. My tank is still cycling but I just was wondering if anyone has any pointers on the shellie's or if I should have anything else tool wise in the tank. Also any information on their care and how many I can put in the tank. Thanks for the help and any information is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks everyone! And my local craft store sells escargot shells so I will be definitely picking some up. But are there any other tank requirements they would need? I know about the high pH and the hard water, but is there anything else that I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom