13 year old new to fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were moving and I asked my mom if I could dig a koi pond, and lets just say I`m stuck seeing koi at the local petco.

I also asked her if I could move into the basement that way my dad will quit telling me that tanks finally going to fall through the floor. She agreeded to that one. ;)

Every time he brings it up, I bring up his four post bed. Which weighs over 3 times the weight of my tank and has been there 3 times as long. We don`t have that conversation much. :)

Haha, good to see I'm not the only fish nerd. I started keeping a legitimate tank on my 15th birthday. It was (ironically a 15 gallon). I'm now almost 17 with that same 15, emptied for a future project, 16 bow front, 55 gallon, and a little 8 gallon I plan to convert to salt.

Dude trust me try to get the biggest tank possible for you if you are doing a saltwater you won't be able to keep any fish in there and water changes might be drastic to such a small tank

Dude trust me try to get the biggest tank possible for you if you are doing a saltwater you won't be able to keep any fish in there and water changes might be drastic to such a small tank

I've read up on it and to be honest, I don't want any fish in my tank, just a CUC and a few zoas/ mushrooms. Until I get the hang of it so I can keep better corals.

Alright just try to keep everything in check it will save you in the long run

I hate the feeling of having to wait till summer to start a big project like that. I want to make a 400 gallon pond this summer for koi and some plecos. (A Chinese hi fin shark would be awesome)

Chinese hi fin sharks grow really big and need a lot of algae. They eat almost all algae. Plecos can survive in a pond ?

Yeah thats sweet! I wish I could have that! I have plans to build a 200+ gallon tank though, so that will be fun!

I plan to upgrade my pond but I need to do a lot of planning since a pool is going to take up a bunch of space in our backyard. That will be really fun when you build a 200+ gallon tank.

I plan to upgrade my pond but I need to do a lot of planning since a pool is going to take up a bunch of space in our backyard. That will be really fun when you build a 200+ gallon tank.

Haha that'd be amazing! I don't have any ponds, but that'd be sweet! And yeah I'm excited to do that 200+ gallon cuz there are so many options! I think keeping and breeding stingrays in it would be cool!

Haha that'd be amazing! I don't have any ponds, but that'd be sweet! And yeah I'm excited to do that 200+ gallon cuz there are so many options! I think keeping and breeding stingrays in it would be cool!

Wow!!! Breeding stingrays is a lot of work but it is worth it in the end. Freshwater or SW?

Wow!!! Breeding stingrays is a lot of work but it is worth it in the end. Freshwater or SW?

Probably freshwater. I'm not completely sure yet and I haven't even made the tank so I got time to figure it out lol.

Back
Top Bottom