20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I look at it, it doesn’t really look like a growth. He’s had it for two or three days now and it has not increased in size.

Keep an eye on it. TB starts out small but it does look like a growth. I say TB because a lot of times it's concurrent with Popeye. First things first.....test your water with a good test kit like API freshwater master test kit. In the meantime, do a few partial water changes through out the week.

Keep an eye on it. TB starts out small but it does look like a growth. I say TB because a lot of times it's concurrent with Popeye. First things first.....test your water with a good test kit like API freshwater master test kit. In the meantime, do a few partial water changes through out the week.

Will do. Thanks!

Idk if the front of his head normally has those spots but that stood out as the most concerning to me. Almost looks like the beginning of hole in the head disease. I'm not up to speed on that type of fish though

Idk if the front of his head normally has those spots but that stood out as the most concerning to me. Almost looks like the beginning of hole in the head disease. I'm not up to speed on that type of fish though

I don’t see anything on the head. The Orange Potted Sunfish (Lepomis Humilis) does have a lot of sensors on his head to find food in muddy water, or at least that’s what I’ve read online. Is that what you think you are seeing?

All the holes or spots that I see on one side of the fish are parallel to the either spots/holes to the other side. I think those are the sensors that this fish has.

Back
Top Bottom