29 gallon and a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nystrom.adam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started with a 10 gallon tank about a year ago and could never get it settled. My cousin told me to "upgrade" to a 29 gallon and promised it would be easier. It actually has been a little easier. It has been up and running for about a year now and I have pondered the idea about switching to a saltwater tank. I did a lot of reading up on it and decided to wait. At the moment I have 1 platty, 2 black tetras and 5 neon tetras. Im going to try a fish that requires a little more attention before I take the plunge into saltwater. I am setting up my 10 gallon tank for a or a few Cichlids. Ive asked many questions about them and the main thing everyone tells me is keep the ph 7.5-8.2 and heat at 76 F to 82 F and the rest is cake. I was told not to worry about the GH general hardness?? of the water. Ive got crushed coral substrate in it now. ok. WElcome to me!!!! :D

Welcome to the forum. For the 10g, about the only cichlids that would be appropriate for that size would be shell dwellers. They don't require anything that other fish don't. Just keep the water clean, feed them every other day, and make sure they have shells to hide/breed in.

Back
Top Bottom