30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. Im kinda new to this whole fish tank exp. I have a 30 gal tank. In my 30 gal tank i have 1 german blue ram, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 guppies, 4 glow fish, 1 ghost shrimp, 4 serpae tetras, and 1 clown pleco. I have had my tank up and running for about 4 months now. I love the fish tank its so relaxing to watch. But i have a question. I like to switch to real planets. What the best way to do so? Should i go one at a time or all at once? Another question is do u think i have room for one more fish? I mean i did my math and came up with 28 gals use if u do 1 inch of fish to 1 gal.

Welcome to AA!!

I would make a post in the planted aquarium section about the plants. You'll get more responses there. :)

If you are going to add more fish, I would add to your schools that you already have. You could bump the Glo-fish and the Serpaes to 6-7 each. After that I think the tank is pretty well stocked.

Did you have something in mind that you wanted to add?

the inch per gallon rule is junk,the glow fish add almost nothing to the bioload,you should be fine adding more

I was thinking of maybe adding a cockatoo. They only get 3 inchs but i wantto make sure that he wont fight my gourami or ram? Plus make sure he want eat my other fish?

id help,but ive never even heard of fish called cockatoos...i thought they were birds.

lol it is that too. But it a cockatoo dwarf cichlid. It kinda like my german ram.

in that case,its a hit or a miss,either youll get one that that will get along fine,or youll get one that will do its best too anhialate your ram...or youll get really cool hybrid babys

Back
Top Bottom