a little info about me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimi leigh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Short intro - married, mom of 3, student, former navy wife, now a proud national guardsmens wife. I love nature & animals.

I recently joined this site, tho I have come across it several times before when looking for advice, I decided to join because my life long dream & one I spent verbally planning with my husband the last 6 years just became a reality! I am a proud owner of a reef tank...err well it will be, right now it's just live rock and a small cleaning crew. I have kept fish all my life, thanks in part to my grandma "You want a tiger? No, honey how about a lovely goldfish aren't fish neat!?" I have also kept newts & turtles in the past, my husband (gasp) never had fish as a child and never wanted any, he thought they were dumb! So he went out to sea for a workup and came home to a fish tank (you can't keep life from me haha) where I found him stareing at them day after day...we currently have a 29 gallon freshwater that has been up about 2 years that I put up for our son, I also keep a 20 gallon at my mom's for him with guppies, & of course now we have a 80 gallon saltwater.

I have enjoyed reading & talking with some of you & hope to learn alot, as well as help anyone if I can, it is comforting to know there is someone who will help me if I need it. Even tho I researched before hand, we all know reading and doing are totally different things! Everything is so expensive I must admitt I am worried about breaking my equipment.

I'll try to figure out how to upload pictures so I can show the progress to those interested!

Thanks to everyone who read this!

Amy

Welcome to AA Amy!

Glad to see you have joined us here. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have regarding the new addiction, err I mean addition.

The best advice I can offer is to take things slowly and research every decision before making it. Document everything you do on the tank pictures included! You will be glad you did down the road.

Thanks! I did upload some pix & I think I have become addicted to this site!

Back
Top Bottom