A new aquarium adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alan79

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all.
My name is Alan. I've been keeping some fairly boring fish (Comets and Zebra Danio's) in a fairly boring aquarium for a long time. I recently started looking at some planted tanks and have decided to convert my 16 gallon freshwater into a planted one. Even the most plain planted aquariums i've seen look pretty nice in comparison to my rock scape.

I have been doing some reading online but my knowledge is still very fragmented. I have a few questions but i will search through the forums for answers. I had some fun today making a CO2 pump which has just started to work. Got a light set up which will do for the moment. I'm still very much in the dark about how i should fertilize my aquarium so i'm stuck at this point for now. I'll keep reading for the moment and hopefully come up with some more ideas before i empty my current tank and get into the setting up phase. I bought a few plants already which i may or may not keep. I just wanted some temporary greenery (I have no fertilizer in my tank). My local pet shop doesn't supply much for planted tanks but they have told me they will order what i need. I still have to work that out though :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom