Advice please ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cristinna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
My family an I are very new to the aquarium life an so far it has been wonderful an the fish we have been doing wonderful. Just yesterday when I woke up I found this stuff in the tank in just one area. At first I thought possibly fish eggs? But now looking thru posts online An doing some of my own research I think it maybe fungus from over feeding. (All of the fish are healthy an no issues have been seen with any of the fish) Can someone identify what this is? I want to fix this immediately! An would like info on how to clean this up. Obviously we will feed less. But once identified I can go from there an fix the issue. On one cool note we found a baby fish ? in our grass in the tank the same day!!!! I'm so excited about this little thing!!! I have separated it from the other fish because I know fish eat babies often an he/she is the only one left so I'd like to care for it an make sure he makes it. What kind of advice do uou have for taking care of a baby? Thank you for reading!!!!!
Cristinna

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 67
As far as the I identified debris is concerned I would siphon out and do a few good water changes over the next few days. Monitor but this will handle many things. What kind of fish do you have? Livebearers? Finely ground flakes is an easy fix

As far as the I identified debris is concerned I would siphon out and do a few good water changes over the next few days. Monitor but this will handle many things. What kind of fish do you have? Livebearers? Finely ground flakes is an easy fix
Thank you for your reply!! We siphoned out like half or a little less than half of the water n got most of that junk. We plan to do it every week to prevent that again. My children we're aparently over feeding n the left over food created that stuff. We are really new to the fish life so we definitely have lots to learn!! Thank you for your advice!!!

Oh I forgot to write what kind of fish we have. Lol we just have mollys tetras n guppies n two catfish sucker fish n a frog (I don't know the exact names of them. I hope I got them right lol. I'm not sure what u mean by live bearers?

Fish which have live babies not lay eggs.

Guppies, Mollies, Platy are live bearers

Tetras are egg layers, Plecos and Frogggies too.

One good thing to help kids is to portion out the fish food into a daily weekly monthly type am/pm medicine box. Dollar stores have cheap prices for some styles, but Kaiser pharmacy or big box stores pharmacies also have pretty good prices too.

Once a week (or month) put in the food - kids get to feed just the right amount. Plus you can also see if the fish got fed or not at a glance!!!

Fish which have live babies not lay eggs.

Guppies, Mollies, Platy are live bearers

Tetras are egg layers, Plecos and Frogggies too.

One good thing to help kids is to portion out the fish food into a daily weekly monthly type am/pm medicine box. Dollar stores have cheap prices for some styles, but Kaiser pharmacy or big box stores pharmacies also have pretty good prices too.

Once a week (or month) put in the food - kids get to feed just the right amount. Plus you can also see if the fish got fed or not at a glance!!!
Oh! Ok! I gotcha! I feel like that's something I should know ��. That feeding tip is WONDERFUL!!!!! That's exactly what we're ganna do!!!! Thank you so much!!! You have been a big help!!! ��

Thank you!!! I'm happy to be here!! I've already learned soooo much!!

first welcome to AA glad you found us , not being on the freshwater side much , by the looks of what I see , I would say it's some type of fungus , I would siphon it out before it spreads , I have heard about dosing with peroxide to kill it off , but I would wait till someone who knows something about that chimes in,

Back
Top Bottom