After almost 20 years, I'm ready to get serious.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CGGorman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. This looks like a pretty active board! I'm a member of several other boards for some of my other interests, but this is my first time on a aquarist board. I'm not NEARLY as sophisticated at the hobby as most of you, I suspect.

OK, so my name is Chris. I'm 31. I've been keeping a tank in some form for almost 20 years. I've currently got a 55 gal. freshwater. I keep a 48" full spectrum bulb on a 12hr timer and use a Fluval 304 for filtration. 2-3mm fractured quartz substrate that let go except for surface vacuuming, occasionally. Lightly planted with Amazon Swords, Aponogeton, and some Valisneria. Quite a bit of bogwood. 8 Mature Giant Danio and 1 13" Plecostomus. No algea issues. No health issues. Good color/activity on fish. Clear water, but for tannin (which I like).

My wife bought me a 70 gal Marineland bowfront corner tank for my birthday that I had been ogling for a while, so now I've decided to take the planting to the next level.

So far, All I've got for the new tank is some silver sand for the lowest substrate and Flourite for the main substrate. Ordered a Hydor in-line 300W heater, too. Still struggling over filtration and the need for substrate heat.

Good to be here. Hope to learn lots and eventually dispense a bit of info myself!

Welcome to AA and may I suggest fishless cycling for the new tank? You will enjoy this forum. It is quite simply the best forum on the net!

Back
Top Bottom