ahhhhh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spaghetti81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so im new to this amd its something my kids wanted to try and once I got the 30 gal tank set up they picked out all the fish they thought were "cool looking" problem was one was an oscar.. ( yeah I know im gonna neeed a bigger tank).. so im on here for two reasons. I need advice on how big do I go and where do I get one for a decent price.. also I have two cichlids in the tank with rhe oscar . He has not bothered them but he is growing faster than them. Will this be a problem. Any advice would be great.. also be gentle.. im new to this. I am somewhat intelligent and can follow directions so send me some direction..lol

Welcome to AA!

I would start with a 75 gallon for a oscar. If your wanting to try to keep other fish id move up to a 125 gallon tank. You wont be able to keep anything that stays small in the tank. So if he outgrows the other fish and they can fit in its mouth they will more than likily be ate

Thanks.. I think I found a tank. Im not sure exactly how many gal but he said its 6' long and 2'wide and over 30" high. Just happened to know someone that had one sitting around

Omg. Is it really that many gallons?.. im going to have to do some reinforcements in the basement for the weight then? :/

I havent picked it up yet. Lol. I just know the guy. I might need some more help moving this thing. So what did I just get myself into?.. lol

I havent picked it up yet. Lol. I just know the guy. I might need some more help moving this thing. So what did I just get myself into?.. lol

Lucky you. You get to start in the hobby with a giant tank! Most people start small and keep getting bigger tanks. Not sure you can do that now. My tips? No gravel get sand blasting sand. It's cheap and cool looking. Driftwood. Looks cool definitely if you get plants:)

Sand blasting sand? Fine or coarse? I never would have thought of that. I have a 30 gal and a 20 gal tank now. But I don't think I have any idea how big this is. :/.. its all cherry stand and hood. My big question is how and I gonna filter it? All I have is two magnium 350 canister filters. Are they gonna work?

Oh. Sounds like a good reason. Lol :).. sounds good. Im sure I can get some nice drift wood from my gram. And blasting sand it is.

Back
Top Bottom