Ahoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunatic syke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I'm serah from texas. I have three tanks and a variety of fish. I keep finding myself searching the Internet for answers to my fish troubles so i decided to go ahead and join a community.

My big tank is 50 gal i believe with a tiger striped Oscar, an albino Oscar and a rather large plecostomus. My second tank is a 10 gal tank that has my tubby goldfish. And finally the overcrowded 5 gal tank that has a Dalmatian Molly, a black Molly, an orange creamsicle Molly, one guppy and a small plecostomus.

I have had more problems with my small tanks than I've ever had with my big one, so any help with maintaining those would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all,

I'm serah from texas. I have three tanks and a variety of fish. I keep finding myself searching the Internet for answers to my fish troubles so i decided to go ahead and join a community.

My big tank is 50 gal i believe with a tiger striped Oscar, an albino Oscar and a rather large plecostomus. My second tank is a 10 gal tank that has my tubby goldfish. And finally the overcrowded 5 gal tank that has a Dalmatian Molly, a black Molly, an orange creamsicle Molly, one guppy and a small plecostomus.

I have had more problems with my small tanks than I've ever had with my big one, so any help with maintaining those would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! I have couple of small tanks as well (5.5; 2.5; even 1 gal!) all cycled, planted, filtered, heated, and can certainly attest to that! Yes! They can be a pain to keep cycled and healthy. So far I seem to have found that sweet place of peace and harmony but that's only been couple of months so it remains to be seen how things will turn out in long run. The smallest 2.5&1gallons are temporary homes for my rescue bettas whom I whisked away from their "death row" filthy cups and are thriving now. Overcrowding can be a major issue in small tank. Ar this point it seems what got me to my place is diligent water testing and water changes, using Prime and Stability, I'm also a firm believer of planting lots of live plants that help with the water quality. Another BIG part of my tiny success has been... The People of this Forum!!!! Friendly, knowledgeable and supportive! And understanding too! I had a little meltdown midway my tank drama which I didn't handle very well at one point being sleep deprived, exhausted, frustrated, scared for my fish and desperate... and members were very understanding and many offered helping hand. So you are in right place. Welcome again:)

Back
Top Bottom