ahoy their mate's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eaglefeather

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi,

i joined to explore the idea of setting up a small saltwater aquarium in my one bedroom apartment. since i have limited space (and it is my first saltwater rig) i want to get something small but good with lower maintenance. i am considering the aquapod and it's stand...
Aquapod | Current What's Next
... i feel comfortable with that size but i have never run a saltwater system before.

i have run freshwater systems in my apt. before. i made them myself using earthbox planters with a 1/4inch rubber testtube stopper to plug the drain hole in the box and then hung pump/filter unit over the rail on one end. they just sat on the floor. the earthbox is intended as a garden system ( EarthBox - Home ). they were a sort of lili-pond lagoons with a couple of goldfish. they ran with very little maintenance.

it worked like a charm until my lifestyle changed and i could not care for it any longer. so i dismantled them.

because it is so dry in las vegas an aquarium really makes thing nice indoors here. it keeps the humidity more pleasant and i think that a saltwater system will be even more pleasant because of the ionic properties of the salt water. plus if i get a store bought system i will be able to actually view the exotic fish. unlike mine which were like indoor ponds.

please to meet you.

please advise on different systems, tips tricks, tutorials, etc. basically where to start.

i don't know where to begin except the tank, the stand and where to place it in my home.

thank you in advance for your help and advice. i am sure it will be most authoritative.

peace, love and free software!:Fade-color

-zander

Back
Top Bottom