Aloha from Hawai'i!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyznsly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just dropping in to introduce myself. My wife, son, and I are new saltwater aquarium hobbyists and have recently started a 55 gallon fish-only tank. We figured we would upgrade later once we got the hang of things. We use a Fluval (forgot the model, but its the one for 100gal tanks) and a sump for filtration. One of the nice things about living here in Hawai'i is we can get our water right from the ocean so we haven't had to mess around with making our own.

Our current occupants are:

(2) Green Chromis
(2) Blue Damsels
(1) Banded Gobie
(1) Scooter Blenny
(1) Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
(1) Juvenile Koran Angelfish
(1) Tomini Tang

Tank has been growing strong for over a month now and we haven't lost anyone yet! We do have a bit of red algae in the tank, but after reading some posts here, we're going to try some Chemiclean and see if that helps. We're also trying to decide on getting some snails/shrimp/hermit crabs to help control the algae.

From what I have seen, this site is great. I look forward to sharing our experiences with you all as we stumble our way through our new hobby! Mahalo nui loa for having us!

Back
Top Bottom