Already 'in deep' in my new aquarium hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Intro: second post here, first was in the how-much-did-your-setup-cost thread. Hi, I'm cwt, from Ohio, USA. :p

Why do I have an aquarium? Hmm. Mostly because I had an empty corner in my main room, begging to be used, as was an idle (and sturdy) TV stand. And because various members of my family have kept fish for many years. So why not put a tank on the stand and fill two needs at once?

The aquarium shown is a 29G planted with a few zebras and albino cherry barbs. Not shown is the 5G tank where I'm trying to raise a few extras, from eggs laid by the adult fish. Both breeds are egg scatterers, and I'm hoping the ones I sucked up are more barb than danio; the danios are so hyper. But, we'll see.

Contemplating a next tank and next fish... not going big on either count. May need an algae eater soon in the 29G. Suggestions are welcome.

3036109261_d25b6ef1e7_o.jpg

let us know how the eggs hatch out
Good luck
Welcome!

Welcome to AA cwt! I suggest getting somewhere around 4-6 ottos for the aquarium. (They like to be a groups and bigger aquariums means bigger groups.)

Also keep us updated on those eggs. We are all very interested. :D Also take lots of pics. We love 'em.

Update: survivors from the egg experiment are now called 'the lucky 7' and were hatched around Election Day (Nov. 3-4). The rest met various fates, including some which were adult food (I thought they'd be too big to eat...) As this is a low light tank, I will have to wait until day to get a decent pick, because these danios are always moving! So for now, here's a albino cherry barb pic, taken in one of their less-shy moments before lights-out at night; the male is the more colorful one.

3201970221_b798a542df_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom