Alyxandria here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi my name is Aly and I am a fishaholic. ;)

I've been on these forums for a while but never introduced myself. So figured I probably should. :)

Ummm ok the basics. I am currently 19, will be 20 in April. Had a rough time in high-school (who didn't?) got into some pretty bad crowds and found myself in a pretty deep hole in my life and ended up dropping out of school. I tried counselling, I tried NA, and was just about to make the gruesome decision to go to rehab until I met Nathan. Ultimately I made the decision a year ago to chose love over that lifestyle. :) We have been together since and our relationship has made me realize many things about myself and helped me pick up and mend some broken pieces! He has helped to give me the confidence back that was stolen from me from those awful teenage girls and I'm on top of the world right now. All the dreams we both had for our life together gave me the encouragement to push myself back into reality and complete my grade 12 and I'm now enrolled to start an Accounting program on Jan 5th! It is a huge difference going from not caring about a single thing to being on my way to a great life with a wonderful person by my side and I am one happy happy gal. :)

My family adores him, I love him to death and I know it's the start of something great.

Now, to the fish. I needed some type of hobby to keep myself on track and busy and I went with the aquarium hobby. It really really helped me in a lot of ways when times got difficult. I could sit for hours and hours and hours and watch those fish.

So now, I have:

1-3G Male Betta tanks (4)
10G Betta tank with 3 female bettas (separated)
55G African Cichlid tank
55G African Cichlid tank (another)
29G African Cichlid fry tank
29G Cichlid Breeder tank
29G Running but empty
29G Running but empty
(Still trying to decide on these)
20G Saltwater FOWLR (soon to be a 29G Reef tank with a 10G sump)
10G FW quarantine tank
10G SW quarantine tank (in process)

And I have a couple empty tanks lying around here and there lol.

And I plan on slowly transitioning over to saltwater, going with a 55G saltwater until Nate and I can move out. Then it will be a couple hundred gallons for both freshwater and saltwater I'm sure ;)

And so that is who I am and how I got into the aquarium hobby. And lucky for me, my other half loves it as well. It's a great hobby for us both to do as a couple. :)

Ps. Sorry for the novel! Haha

welcome to the forum. That's a lot of tanks. Fish are so relaxing to look at. Pushing 70 myself I make do with three 10 gal tanks. Salt water tanks are so beautiful but I always felt they were too hard to handle for me. I have always had fresh water tanks. Sounds like you found a great guy. My husband and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in Jan. Alison

Back
Top Bottom