An introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyfisher

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all ,
I consider myself very much a newbie to keeping fish as I am only 4 years into the hobby. As I am retired I can spend 7 days a week messing around in my very small fish room of 26 tanks and regularly searching U tube . I have joined my local Australian aquarium Society and together with my wife I help with some of the work involved as a committee member. I started in the hobby leaning towards planted tanks but have now drifted towards breeding and general fish needs at the expense of beauty .

Our fish are mostly small soft water species.

As Rachel O’leary says about each species she video’s “ they are my favourites”.
I have raised 4 species of Corydoras from eggs to adulthood while not hard to do I have a soft spot for them.
Somehow the Apistogramma teenagers I have raised are to independent or aggressive for me to really like? Pencil fish disappear into the school never to look back at me Rainbowfish are the same,more interested in the school than the outside of the tank . Shelle’s won’t stop breeding. Rams just eat their eggs. BN pleco are a workhorse and only cute for the first month.

So if I have to pick a favourite I will say any one of the 8 species of corydoras that share the house with my wife and I.

Not surprisingly all the common big box store corydoras are the first to lay eggs .
Bronze/ albino, panda, bandit, sterbai,and salt and pepper have all given us more mouths to feed.
With the bronze/ albino being to the most common to spawn. I am serious when I say I had a female lay on the glass a couple of inches from my hand as I vacuumed during a water change .

My wife uses the term “drunken sailors” to describe the way the stumble around walking into anyone else.
I do like the term happy ����

Back
Top Bottom