Angelfish & SAE compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Mac 1966

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

Just wondering if Angelfish & Siamese Algae Eaters are compatible? Ideally wanted to have a small group of SAE’s in my 55 gallon tank to get rid of the black beard algae. I will be switching to RO water from Maidenhead Aquatics soon which should help but obviously this will take time to gradually remove the black beard algae so wanted some SAE’s in the meantime. Also wanted to get 4 Angelfish at a later date and wondered if they are compatible? And if anyone’s had any luck mixing them? Without aggression from the Angels or fin nipping from the SAE’s?

Many thanks

They are compatible as long as it is a true sae. Some of the similar fishes like flying foxes or more so Chinese algae eater have a reputation of sucking slime off of thin tall fishes (discus, angels, ...) which is not healthy for the fish ;)

Ok thanks for your help, and yes I’ve just picked up some genuine SAE’s today, I’ll be getting some Anglefish in the future.

Back
Top Bottom