Another introduction.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JP5364

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got a 55-gallon hex tank w/ cabinet stand and a fluval 305 used for $150 and I'm in the process of cycling now. I'm going freshwater because this is my first tank, and the startup price to do a saltwater is a little steep for my first go at this.

My original plan was to do live plants but that seems like its a little high maintenance for my first try, so I'll be throwing in silk plants in a few days.

I've decided to probably use stocking suggestions from another thread for a 60 gallon that included tetras, glass cats, and a few gouramis.

Any thoughts?

It sounds like you have done this before Lol other than that I have no thoughts. And welcome to the forum you'll get a lot of help out of the people here.

Lol no its definitely my first, I just have a couple good friends who are avid saltwater lovers who are able to help me out and give me advice. Plus I'm pretty religious about reading up on stuff when it's a hefty investment.

I know a lot of fish will stick to the bottom or top of the tank, but is there anything that would specifically move from top to bottom regularly? I feel like that's be something neat to have to take advantage of the vertical space of the hex tank.

Ill leave that for someone else to answer.
I went from freshwater to salt back to fresh so Its been a long time and I don't remember all the fish from like 8-10 years ago.so for me it was like starting all over again. But I am going to set up a reef tank in the next couple years again.
if someone doesn't reply you may want to start a new thread

JP5364 said:
Lol no its definitely my first, I just have a couple good friends who are avid saltwater lovers who are able to help me out and give me advice. Plus I'm pretty religious about reading up on stuff when it's a hefty investment.

I know a lot of fish will stick to the bottom or top of the tank, but is there anything that would specifically move from top to bottom regularly? I feel like that's be something neat to have to take advantage of the vertical space of the hex tank.

Welcome! Sounds like you have a pretty nice setup for getting started. As for fish, angelfish enjoy vertical tank space and are very pretty fish with some personality. I would consider trying them in this tank.

Back
Top Bottom