Another Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve42

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Steve ("Hi Steve"). My family owns three tanks, though only one is active at this moment. We have a 58 Gallon Oceanic Systems tank that we acquired complete with the washed oak stand several years ago from my wife's friend when her ill-fit filter leaked water out the rear and ruined her hardwood floor. We took some measurements and figured out the OS tanks had a thicker than normal top trim piece and determined that the Marineland Emperor 400 Filter would straddle the edge well. After a few unfortunate false starts, we got an established tank up and running and we have been enjoying it for about 8 years.

We have also received two smaller tanks from friends who were moving or bored with them. Those are inactive at the moment.

We have about 25 fish in the OS tank at this moment. We have a mated pair of Kribs as well as a number of tetra varieties. The fish seem to get along as well as can be expected, though occasionally tempers will flare.

We have experimented with live plants in the past, but at the moment, we are using all artificial plants, plus a piece of driftwood, some stacked slate rock, and a small plastic hollow log where the female Krib hides most of the day.

The only change I would like to make to the tank at this moment is in the lighting. I will post a message in the appropriate forum for that.

Thanks for reading!
Steve

Hi! I have a fear of our tank ruining my hardwood floors... It turned out well for you though! Feel free to post pictures! :)

Back
Top Bottom