another newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blwfloors

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all
I'm fairly new to this hobby. I started out last summer with a couple of goldfish in a 10 gal tank, which they quickly outgrew. I got a heater and an AquaClear pump/filter, and five dwarf honey gouramis, which seemed to thrive for about 4 months in what was by then a pretty well-planted tank.
About a week following a furious round of what i assume was breeding activity, two died. I had the water tested for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, gH, and pH all in the normal range.
A few weeks later two more died. I know fish die, and there must be a zillion factors that can contribute to stress in the tank, but I'm kind of hesitant to re-stock my tank until I get a better handle on what might have happened.
Am I being too cautious? a part of me says just go for some new fish!
Thanks for input

:thanks:

Welcome to AA! :)

If your tank is currently devoid of fish, you'll need to establish the cycle on the tank again. I would highly recommend investing in your own reagent test kits. Check out the articles section for some good write ups of multiple methods.

Back
Top Bottom