Another newbie on here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleake

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have always looked here for info, and finally decided to join so I could contribute some of the things I have learned. About 15 years ago I had a 55 gallon setup running for a few years and didn't have very good luck. I have since learned alot of what I was doing wrong. I got back into this a little over a year ago and set up a 75 gallon in my wall with a 29 gallon home built sump. I have tried to build everything right the first time with this one and it seems to be working great. I have a 10 gallon qt tank that does well for most things, and am thinking about trying to raise some clown fish since my mated pair have layed eggs pretty regularly for a couple of months now, but I'm not sure I want to get into all of that with all of my other hobbies. :) Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and thanks for all the info I have gathered from here so far, and I hope to contribute some as well.

ya im not sure we can let you be an official member without pictures =)

im teasing of course but we do love pictures. and welcome to AA.

what kinda tank do you have btw?

Ok, I'll add some pictures.... I need to get some newer ones as I've added alot of rock since these.

Here it is in the build phase.
img00050m.jpg

img00054m.jpg

And what it looked like about 4 months after getting started.
p9030140m.jpg

Here is some of the things I have in there. The two clowns have been laying eggs regularly, and have been in it from the start as I got them from a neighbor that was taking his tank down. The blue hippo lasted for almost a year before he became lunch to the anenome after it had multiplied and grown much larger than in the pictures.
p8200100m.jpg

This guy has grown alot and multiplied...
p8200104m.jpg

I have LOTS of these mushrooms, they have taken over this whole rock and spread to a few other places as well.
p8200105m.jpg

This torch coral is much larger now as well, and has about 8 branches instead of the 2 it had when I got it.
p8200106m.jpg

The little black and white clown took a while to be accepted, but now hangs out with the others, and they all host the anenome. That took about 3 months before they would do that too.
p9030142m.jpg

Currently I have 3 clowns, 1 keyhole angel, 1 coral banded shrimp that is king of the tank, 2 peppermint shrimp, several hermit crabs and snails. I am looking to add another tang since my blue hippo got lazy and was eaten. I had a very nice powder brown that didn't make it through QT, and now my Kole tang that was looking great for almost two weeks, went down hill and died in one day while he was in QT. I'm still not sure what's up with that as all my others have been fine in the same QT setup. I am also wanting to add a couple more of something but I haven't determined what just yet. In some of the pics there is alot of red bubble algae. I had a couple of emerald crabs that cleaned all of that up, then they died a couple of months later. I also had a goby that did great for a while, then started getting skinny and died. I'm not seeing near as many live critters and such in the tank as I used to, so I'm thinking what I have has cleared out the population of those critters. Bristle worms used to be very abundant,,, but now I haven't seen one in months. The fish seem to be happy, and the corals are doing fine. All parameters are 0 so I think I just need more rock to supply a feeding source better. I now have about 60-65lbs of rock in it where I only had about 35-40 or so in the pics. Well, that should just about do it for now,,, I'll try to get some better/newer pics soon.

ok your a full scale member now. nice tank. im currently starting up a 75 myself so i really enjoy seeing other 75's

Back
Top Bottom