apple snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinlkle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:)Hi everyone, i've only had my tank since november, i have golden barbs, black widow tetras one (did have three) flying fox and two plecs and a few plants oh and an apple snail, my second one the first died after two days. I have read that the snail likes to eat fruit and veg, but my patner thinks it will cause problems for the fish if we put veg in the tank and it don't get eaten, i put algae wafers in for the flying fox will the snail eat them aswell or should i be feeding it something else:confused:

I have my mystery snail in with my betta, and the betta always tries to steal the wafer, so I started sticking it to the glass, and my snail has learned to cover it up with her body so the betta can't get it. I also stick the wafer down in front of the filter flow so the betta can't get there because of his fins. That probably wouuldn't work with the fish you have though.
I almost resorted to using my homemade mesh box to cover the snail with while she was eating. I bought some plastic craft mesh and made a little box out of it, tying it together with fishing line.

Back
Top Bottom