Aquarium Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxhy83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, my name is Max.

I'm fairly new to the aquarium world. I have one fish whom I adore. He is a Royal blue Betta and his name is Aegir [ pronounced Aye-gear ]. Pretty sure the adoration is mutual as he appears to await my arrival home each night (probably only for food haha).

Aegir has been with me for a few months now, residing in a 5 gallon tank. The other day I self diagnosed him with Velvet and began a treatment with Blue Planet's MultiCure. I am somewhat confused by the directions on the bottle so I thought it best to join here where I can seek advice and share the journey of our love affair with everyone else :D

On the bottle it states to commence retreatment 3 days after the first treatment. Then on another label it states to do a 25% partial water change. Does this mean to do the 25% change and also add the few ml's for the treatment? And do I continue this way every 3 days until I see the velvet disappearing?

I don't want to muck this up. Poor Aegir's fins are starting to clump a bit and I panic with these things.

All advice is so very much appreciated.

Yes he has a filter and his water is regularly changed :flowers:

Hi Everyone, my name is Max.

I'm fairly new to the aquarium world. I have one fish whom I adore. He is a Royal blue Betta and his name is Aegir [ pronounced Aye-gear ]. Pretty sure the adoration is mutual as he appears to await my arrival home each night (probably only for food haha).

Aegir has been with me for a few months now, residing in a 5 gallon tank. The other day I self diagnosed him with Velvet and began a treatment with Blue Planet's MultiCure. I am somewhat confused by the directions on the bottle so I thought it best to join here where I can seek advice and share the journey of our love affair with everyone else :D

On the bottle it states to commence retreatment 3 days after the first treatment. Then on another label it states to do a 25% partial water change. Does this mean to do the 25% change and also add the few ml's for the treatment? And do I continue this way every 3 days until I see the velvet disappearing?

I don't want to muck this up. Poor Aegir's fins are starting to clump a bit and I panic with these things.

All advice is so very much appreciated.

Yes he has a filter and his water is regularly changed :flowers:

Hello, first off welcome...
By your explanation of the directions I would recommend to do a water change first then add the medication and repeat that every three days.

Here is a site with some info that might be helpful
http://www.petfish.net/articles/Bettas/velvet_betta.php

Good luck, I hope he gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom