Back after hiatus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexa1s0nfire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi AA,

I am back from about a two year hiatus. Big changes forced me out of the hobby for a couple of years due to a big move, career change, and welcoming a third human into our family!

This forum helped me a bunch the first time around, even though I lurked a lot more than I would like to admit.

I am in process of cycling my first planted build and looking to further my knowledge of the trade. I have a 20 Gallon Long with Coralife T5HO Aqualife setup. The plan is to do a SA/CA heavily planted biotope (even though I know this is quite a general area.)

Once I get cycled and set I plan to post some pics and I am sure I will need advice along the way. I have kept freshwater fish most of my life and one of my passions is biological sciences so the hobby is right up my alley. One day I hope to help enrich the community as much as you all have helped me in the past.

Thanks and Hello!

Hi, welcome back :)

The monthly POTM competition is still worth checking out.

I have been taking a peek. The tanks are very impressive and tbh, POTM is a large reason why I wanted to dive into the Planted realm. Can honestly say I'm a little overwhelmed, especially with CO2, which I am a complete novice to.

Right now I just have some Red Broad Leaf Ludwigia and Java Fern on order. Doing Eco complete substrate. The bulbs that came stock in my set up need to be changed out as well. I forgot how expensive this hobby is from a start up standpoint.

Thanks for the Welcome, I'm excited to get back into it!

Welcome to AA! If your into plants, got a 20 long, then you've come to the right place. Start a new thread with your tank and ask away. Lots of folks have been in the same position and are happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom