Back at it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Backatit2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,
Im new to Aquarium Advice and wanted to say hello and thanks for the add. Had many fresh water tanks with many different species when I was younger but Wow how have things changed in 20+ years. I just started a freshwater aquarium with two blood red parrot cichlids. The first night they were swimming and eating, after that and now two days later they have not come out of hiding, not even for food. PH, and temps are fine. I know they're a shy species but any advice or comments are welcome and appreciated.

How long did it take to cycle your filter for your new tank? This usually takes 3-8 weeks before adding any fish.

Hi All,
Im new to Aquarium Advice and wanted to say hello and thanks for the add. Had many fresh water tanks with many different species when I was younger but Wow how have things changed in 20+ years. I just started a freshwater aquarium with two blood red parrot cichlids. The first night they were swimming and eating, after that and now two days later they have not come out of hiding, not even for food. PH, and temps are fine. I know they're a shy species but any advice or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Welcome back to the fish keeping and to this forum. Please list all of your parameters and as fish wonder stated how long was the aquarium cycled. The information is very critical because if aquarium has not completed it's cycle that will cause fish to refuse food and other issues. :)

How long did it take to cycle your filter for your new tank? This usually takes 3-8 weeks before adding any fish.

I cycled the aquarium for 4 weeks prior to introducing the fish. I have live plants and three hiding structures plus airation.

Yes as stated above, what are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH reading please?

All readings were and are still in acceptable ranges.
Nitrile & ammonia are zero
Nitrate are 6
PH is 7.5

Back
Top Bottom