Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Back in the hobby after 15 years!

Hello everyone,
Iím finally back into having an aquarium again after 15 years. I used to post here a lot and I got some of the best advice Iíve ever received on the hobby from the users on here. One person in particular that went by the name of Rkilling1 was so incredibly helpful Iím hoping that theyíre still active on here.
Anyways, after doing some research Iíve noticed quite a lot has changed in 15 years especially in terms of lights. Iím essentially learning all over again. So I have a 20 gallon tall that Iíve had running for about a year but it has fake plants and although theyíre really nice silk plants, nothing beats live plants and Iím drying to convert it into a fully planted tank like the one I kept all those years ago. BUT since Iíve been out of the hobby for so long I have 100 questions that Iíd like to ask before I spend the money on converting my tank, mostly involving lighting, diy c02, dry fert mixing and dosing, substrate choices and plant recommendations.
Iíve done a ton of research so Iím not going in completely blind but I do need a little bit of advice from the most experienced aquarium keepers.
I joined some freshwater planted aquarium groups on Facebook but in typical Facebook fashion everyone is very aggressive and unhelpful, thereís a whole gate keeping thing going on as opposed to how this forum was when I was on it back in the day when everyone was happy to help each other out, so Iím hoping this place is still like it used to be.
Before I go around posting everywhere Iíd like to ask where I should ask all these questions?
Thanks in advance !

Old 12-01-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

There is a freshwater planted section if you havenít found/posted there already!

Old 12-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks! Iíll post all my questions there

Tags
hob

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com