Back in the hobby after 15 years!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exactionfigure

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone,
I’m finally back into having an aquarium again after 15 years. I used to post here a lot and I got some of the best advice I’ve ever received on the hobby from the users on here. One person in particular that went by the name of Rkilling1 was so incredibly helpful I’m hoping that they’re still active on here.
Anyways, after doing some research I’ve noticed quite a lot has changed in 15 years especially in terms of lights. I’m essentially learning all over again. So I have a 20 gallon tall that I’ve had running for about a year but it has fake plants and although they’re really nice silk plants, nothing beats live plants and I’m drying to convert it into a fully planted tank like the one I kept all those years ago. BUT since I’ve been out of the hobby for so long I have 100 questions that I’d like to ask before I spend the money on converting my tank, mostly involving lighting, diy c02, dry fert mixing and dosing, substrate choices and plant recommendations.
I’ve done a ton of research so I’m not going in completely blind but I do need a little bit of advice from the most experienced aquarium keepers.
I joined some freshwater planted aquarium groups on Facebook but in typical Facebook fashion everyone is very aggressive and unhelpful, there’s a whole gate keeping thing going on as opposed to how this forum was when I was on it back in the day when everyone was happy to help each other out, so I’m hoping this place is still like it used to be.
Before I go around posting everywhere I’d like to ask where I should ask all these questions?
Thanks in advance !

Back
Top Bottom