Back in the hobby… with compromises…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashenwelt

Aquarium Advice Freak
So around four decades ago I picked up my first fish. Back then to get more, my mother gave me an interesting task: read every aquarium book in the local library before I purchased more. This started an early obsession that lasted over two decades. Why did I get out of it? Too many moves. I slowly found I had to get out of first business wise, and then fun wise. And finally, fifteen years ago I jumped out, and gave away all my gear for the good of the fish.

So when my wife said she wanted an aquarium recently, I kind of jumped in and moved on excited to rejoin a hobby I have periodically kept up with. She is a bit worried because our first aquarium is just up … still cycling and I am planning a second.

So I am back in the aquarium hobby. My knowledge base is however old as the hills. So many questions will be asked. And of course, we all make your own little compromises. Like a pair of goldfish in a community tank. LOL

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

So I am back in the aquarium hobby. My knowledge base is however old as the hills. So many questions will be asked. And of course, we all make your own little compromises. Like a pair of goldfish in a community tank. LOL

Welcome back, fellow old-timer. :welcome:

Like you, I started in the 70s, but there were long gaps where I had no aquarium and didn't follow the hobby. You'll find AA a very handy starting place to get caught up. (y)

Back
Top Bottom