Back in the Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tc5998

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm Chad, I've kept aquariums off and on for many years. Always smaller and freshwater. After a chemistry issue I had a die off that really knocked me flat and lost all my fish in my 20 gallon. I'm still not quite sure what went wrong, it was a very mature tank, but I can assure you I don't plan to let that happen again!

I left the tank empty for a few years, but am now ready to get back into things and am actively shopping for a new larger set up. I was thinking a 30-50 gallon might be easier to manage from a water perspective and allow me to get more creative with the fish I can get. Look forward to reengaging on this site after many years away.

Hope to purchase in the next 6 months so you will see lots of "do you like this set up? What filter is best for this?" kinds of questions and I really appreciate that this community is here!

Aquaclear is a good hob filter. The wire cutter recommends it and it's upgradeable.

I'm wondering if you know any good filter sponges because of how long you have been in the trade? I will be able to review Nolan's aquarium on Tuesday (possibly Wednesday) for fish quality and you're welcome to message me if you want an overview on a type of product (e.g filters). I should be able to find you a good value one that is already good or am upgradable one ,so feel free to message me!

I am also living in an area fairly close so I can give recommendations on local stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom