Back Into It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all :)

A re-arrangement of furniture and an attempt to clean out and I got bitten by the aquarium bug again....BIG time. I already had a 75 freshwater set-up but it wasn't going as well as I would normally like to see. Schedules kept me from really working with it at all.

Now, I have the 75 completely reset, as in a total change in gravel, plants, decorations etc, and have added a 20 for a fry tank and now a cycling 40 gallon, all within the past month. :) I still have a 29 that is sitting empty and the itch is starting.

I am a Swordtail and Molly addict, mostly due to the local water supply, and no desire to go the RO/DI route, but also have a couple of Cherry Barbs (what I thought were White Clouds for whatever reason) and a couple of Cory cats.

I've alaways had at least one tank set up for the past, hm, 33 years or so. While I did dabble in saltwater for a time, the time involved in care and maintenance was just a little too much. I still love saltwater, especially those cute puffers, blennies and gobies...so much personality.

I am retired military and work as a contractor for the same military that I served on active duty for 24 years :) My other hobbies include horses, english style hunters and dressage. I also have two dogs, black lab mixes, (miniature horses in and of themselves), and a couple of cats. What is funny is watching the cats and the fish interact. Once the fish realized tha cats couldn't get to them, the fish now come up to the glass and say hello, bumping their little fishy noses against the glass where the cat has her paw resting.

Yes, I have a very good cover, so no fishing for the kitties and no suicide jumps for the fish. ;)

Welcome back to AA!

Thanks for the introduction. Dressage is such a beautiful sport. I competed from age 10 until I went to college. I do miss it. Nice to meet another rider.

As for your other tanks. I have recently become interested if not obsessed with aquascaping. I really like the work of Amano Takashi. I am trying to get my hands on a couple tanks specifically to do aquascaping projects.

AmanoTakashi.net

Can't wait to see pictures of your new setups.

Back
Top Bottom