Back into this hobby after 20 year absence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BCWoman64

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

Well after 20 years I finally got another fish tank. I knew when I got back into this hobby, it was going to be with a big tank :D

Lots of new things since the old days! I was very fortunate and got my set-up used off of CL for 100 beans. :multi: The tank has some scratches, nothing major though, and the pumps and filters are less than a year old.

I was able to keep all the VERY dirty media and sponges in the filter and a few gallons of the old tank water when setting it up, as it was a running set-up the day I bought it. This has helped immensely in getting things going. Also kudo's to new things like Nutrafin's cycle. Sure works wonders when you are impatient like I am. I also picked up a few good books from the library for reference as I go along.

Tank has been up for just over a week, the fish are happy and water chemistry is good.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!

The tank is a 90 Gallon FW set-up. The MTS has already struck and I am cycling a 30G at the moment as well. The tank is doing well with the exception of increasing GH. Guess I will have to reseach alternatives to lowering it. I prefer not to use chemicals unless absolutely necessary.

Found a great LFS in Bellingham WA, OMG...it was like being a kid in a candy store. I bought numerous plants from them and some additional supplies.

I look forward to the continuous learning that this site has to offer!

Hmmm, I am going to the Marysville area next weekend, I am gonna have to try B'Ham sometime!
How is Customs with the fish?

Hmmm, I am going to the Marysville area next weekend, I am gonna have to try B'Ham sometime!
How is Customs with the fish?

I didn't bring back any fish, but did bring back plants, and didn't have any problems. Having researched more suppliers - particularily on-line stores, I have found other more affordable sources for some of the supplies that I bought there. Very knowledgable staff and eager to provide advice. Regardless, it's a really cool store to check out.

Back
Top Bottom